A Diary of our Current Meanderings, Thoughts, and Adventures...

Enjoy!

Friday, March 20, 2009

Hewletts Update

Just wanted to take some time to update our families and friends about what's going on here in NJ. :) It's been awhile since we've done that I think!

So--here's whats up with us:

(Kim) Well--I have had yet another traumatic week with my teeth. I went in on Saturday for a minor toothache which my dentist thought would be taken care of with a filling, however it ended up needing a root canal. He was unable to work on me since I can't have Novicane, (preggo) and so he put in a temp. filling until I could get an appointment with an endodontist. Unfortunately, my temp filling fell out tuesday night causing me a TON of pain...I was able to get an emergency root canal from the endodontist on Thursday. I had to miss 2 days of work this week from it, and it just made life quite hectic for a week! :(

In good news, I got a promotion last week! I was asked to apply for a leadership position with my school. Basically, the same thing I am doing now (High school advisor) with a little more responsibility and quite a bit more pay! :) It will require me travelling a bit more than now, but I think it will be worth it. I am enjoying it already, but it is a little busy!! It is also nice to have a little more job security in this kind of economy!

(Bryce)

Bryce has been working hard with the church stuff lately. He has mostly been working on expanding and multiplying the worship team, which will be great. It will be nice for him to have a break every other week (eventually), and its great to see other people get to use their gifts musically for the congregation. Also, his cell group is working through Lent and blogging about their experiences. It's pretty cool! You should check it out: http://cohcellgroup.blogspot.com

His beard is growing fast and full and he strokes it incessantly. It drives me crazy, but he loves it. :)

I can't think of anything else that Bryce might like to mention at this point...so B--feel free to add!

(Poppy)

Poppy had an appointment this morning. He or she is doing really well! The doctor believes he or she is about 4 1/2 lbs. right now and has already turned. This is good news. I am doing pretty well with my weight--only gained 19 lbs. so far, and it seems as though Poppy will be coming right on time. (at least, thats what the doctor thinks at this point) This is all coming so fast! It is really surreal to think how much life is going to change so soon. But, I can't wait. I think Bryce is really excited too! We have spent lots of time talking, and going to classes, and reading books...so much to think about--but a really great world that I'm excited to enter!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Hey- I was just catching up a little bit. Your letter to Poppy made me choke up a little. So sweet.
The picky eater thing: If you tell your kids it's good, then they will at least try it. There really isnt much that Alex wont eat. And "they" say that breastfed babies are less picky too... since your milk changes flavor (a little bit) with what you eat. Maybe that's why my kids love chocolate so much? haha.
Cloth diapering is fun. As fun as diapering at all gets anyways. Extra bonus: you can use them for all your kids... so many thousands of dollars you will save!
I'm sorry to hear about your teeth, that's rough. Are you going to keep working after the midget comes? Which is soon! You look great, too. Cant wait to see Poppy?

kim h. said...

Deb, thanks for all of the encouragement. :) Good to hear about breastfeeding and cloth diapering.
I am going to keep working...but I work from home so its a lot easier than having to commute and drop the baby off somewhere. I will stay home with the baby most days and my mom is going to take the baby one or two days a week for me so that'll be nice!