A Diary of our Current Meanderings, Thoughts, and Adventures...

Enjoy!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

4 Months Pregnant

Well, we went to the doctor today, to check on Poppy. We will be 4 months by Monday! I think part of us wonders where the time has gone, and are freaked out by having a child in 5 months, but I think the other part is wondering if this baby will every get here!
The baby is doing well, heart is beating nice and strong, and I am feeling good, so I guess these are all good signs.
I had to buy my first pair of maternity pants...I was at the doctor, and when the ob checked me out, she noticed the large indent in my skin from my jeans button..."Um...have you considered maternity pants?" She asked. Crap, I thought. But I caved, and bought a pair--and they feel really good actually. I am quite pleased.
In a month we could potentially find out the sex of the baby. Bryce has been wanting to find out, while I have definitely been wanting to wait. I am really liking the idea of a "surprise", and I kind of have these dreams of delivering the baby and Bryce saying, "It's a girl!" (or boy--I really have no preference either way) So, I think we will be waiting, however, I/we are willing to hear your arguments on the matter if you have a preference to finding out vs. not finding out.
I know everyone wants to see a belly picture, so I'll make sure to take one of those in the next couple days too.
Oh, and I am pretty sure I felt the baby for the first time the other day. It was very quick, and very subtle, yet noticable. It kind of felt like the nervous butterflies, but just one big butterfly-fluttering across my stomach very quickly. Any hoot--if I did feel it, it was pretty cool, but I'm anxious for it to happen again!
Well, that's the update on Poppy--make sure you talk to her/him when you see me next--I want her/him to know all of my wonderful friends and family right away! :)

5 comments:

melanie said...

yay! i'm glad to hear that everything is going well with you and poppy :)

personally i think its fun to find out the gender of the baby...but that could just be my personality. i like to have things all set, ready and planned out. and being able to shop for baby clothes and decorate gender appropriate before its born seems like so much fun to me. but that's me! if you can wait and be surprised- that's great too! cant wait to meet baby...and to see an updated belly picture :)

Toni said...

I can't wait to see a 'belly picture,' since it's been a few weeks since I have seen you guys. (What lousy timing on this whole church plant thing! ;) Kidding.)

I think that after the baby is born, you should keep calling "it," either girl or boy, Poppy. I know the reason you initially came up with the nickname, but it's pretty sweet and endearing, and there would be a lot of love in keeping it. It could just be a family nickname. ;) Your baby's friends don't have to call him/her that, haha. That might get a little silly then.

Maybe you could just name it Poppy anyway if it's a girl! Very hippie chic.

Deb said...

I honestly cant understand being able to wait so long to find out. I'm just so impatient! I seriously thought Alex was a girl until the very second that the ultrasound tech said "boy". So it was good that we found out. I didnt really care either way- but I think if we had waited and I was thinking the whole time that he was a girl I would have been sad when he was born. But that's just me. Plus it is always fun to be able to buy the right colors :) And I totally agree with keeping "Poppy" so cute- even if it just sticks as a nickname :)
And yes- belly pictures SOON!!

Christine said...

I'm another impatient one. I liked knowing because I felt like I bonded with her better. But there was still that wonder if it was actually a girl. I was so worried that I was bonding with Chloe who might have actually been a boy. I also loved being able to buy cute baby clothes rather than just neutral. Can't wait to see belly pics!

Mark Hewlett said...

I say you wait to find out what the sex is when Poppy is born. they say ultrasounds are safe but we had to have them on Caleb and the twins. they obviously didn't like them. once Tracy got a bump on her belly and the tech got very concerned and stopped. i think it was Bethany saying to knock it off. why do it if you don't have to?? Just my opinion, Dad