A Diary of our Current Meanderings, Thoughts, and Adventures...

Enjoy!

Saturday, May 30, 2009

On being a Mom...

A one-month-old's mothers thoughts on Motherhood...

*Someone will forevor depend on me for their well-being. That is one crazy thought! I keep thinking that this will end soon...like I will give her back to her REAL parents soon. I just can't seem to wrap my mind around this!

*I will never get out of the house as quick as I want to--ever. I have never understood this about mothers until now! WHY CAN'T WE GET OUT OF THE HOUSE?!

*I no longer go shopping in search for items for myself. I can't tell if this is self-lessness, or my subconscience need for my kid to look cute and have cute things. Ha. Probably a bit of both...

*I have never wanted to protect someone/something so badly in my whole life! From the biggest of dangers or innocence-robbers, to the littlest case of diaper rash--I just don't want anything to happen to this little girl...

*I feel like I don't have much else to talk about...why does motherhood dominate a new mom's world? Isn't there anything else we can talk about other than poop, hiccups, or breast-feeding? (I know this one will change soon...once I start getting my life back, it is just making me laugh a little)

*I have never been so in love with someone! (excluding Bryce maybe... :) )

*The expression "Time flies" has taken on a whole new meaning...I can't believe how quickly children grow and change and learn new things!! Happy 1-month Birthday Noa!!

I promise to put some new pictures up of her soon!

2 comments:

Kristy Straub said...

I love this post! And I love that you're posting again! AND I love the new background of the site and I LOVE YOUR BABY! I need to bring you clothes!

Do you guys think you have anything you could sell at a yardsale to bring in extra cash flow for Noa? We're having one on June 13th!!! We're so excited!

r wright said...

what a great update, Kim, I can't wait to meet my Great Niece! Love, Aunt Rhonda